There are numerous ways by which you can provide security to your home, shops or factories. However if you are looking for an attractive, reliable yet effective way then roller shutters are the best option for you.
However before you venture into the kind of roller shutter that is ideal for your need; you should know what roller shutters are and how they work.
What are roller shutters?
Roller shutters or roller doors are closely fitted to doors and windows and are a type of door and window shutter that consists of horizontal bars hinged together. These shutters protect houses from any external threats but also blocks out heat, light and dust.
Roller shutters can be easily operated and works by rolling up and down by a button or lever fitted on either sides of the doors or window. The shutters are designed in a way that they are hidden in a narrow bar and well out of sight when not in use.
Types of Roller shutters and how they work
There are various kinds of Roller shutters available in the market and they are mainly made of aluminum or steel slates that are fixed together. Each of these slates is designed with a hollow cavities inside which are lined with insulating foam.
The aluminum roller shutters are generally made from recycled or virgin aluminum. Steel aluminum on the other hand is made from galvanized steel slats which are the fused together. Theses roller shutters can be coated with customized color choices.
Roller shutters made of timber and polycarbonate roller shutters are also available in the market at times.
Below listed are the different types of roller shutters.
Roller shutters can be divided into two broad categories,
1. Motorized – these roller shutters are fitted with a motor in the side which lowers or raises the shutter with the push of a button. Some motorized shutters are also fitted with sensors in which case the shutters comes down or go up with the change of weather condition.
2. Manual - There is winder which is placed inside the home in case of manual shutters. Winders are then turned to raise or lower the shutter.
Now there are quite a few kinds of roller shutters that fall under the motorized and manual category.
• Push and Pull Rolling Shutters - These are mainly manual roller shutters and are extremely cost effective, low maintenance and durable. Theses shutters are mainly used to protect against theft. These are used in shops, garages and stores.
• Grill Rolling Shutter – These kinds of roller shutters are made of bare steel and are suitable for display windows in shops. The Grill Rolling Shutter is motorized and provides ventilation as well as safety.
• Integrated roller shutter – These kinds of shutters are where the roller shutters and windows are integrated into one unit.
• Perforated Rolling Shutter – Made from galvanized steel, these roller shutters are cost effective and practical and so are ideas for any small to large outlets. Motorized as well as manual operation can be performed in Perforated Rolling Shutters.
Europe shutters is the topmost roller shutters company in delivering best quality roller shutters at affordable prices and helps to save on your energy bills.